Friday, November 7, 2008

A look back


I'm going through some older paintings to give to my parents this weekend as gifts and for safe-keeping. Here is one I am delivering, that I haven't looked at in a long time. It's odd looking at the many different phases my painting has gone through as I've tried different styles over the years. I was inspired by different things, trying to achieve different things, and learning. This one is of Adam and Eve banished from the Garden of Eden. The silhouettes are drawn from a historical painting I can't find at the moment because I can't recall who it was by, while the forest was invented.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is amazing!! I love the light through the trees!!! How large is it? It must go in our house when we move back to the states. Please, please!!!