Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Unguarded Moment @ Joseph Saxton Gallery of Photography

Book cover for Steve McCurry: The Unguarded Moment, published by Phaidon

A few years ago, a photographer friend of mine, Danelle Doty, showed me a beautiful little book called Portraits, a collection of faces from around the world taken by National Geographic photographer Steve McCurry. Since then, I acquired my own copy of the book.

Now, at the Joseph Saxton Gallery of Photography in Canton, Ohio, there is an exhibit of McCurry's work called The Unguarded Moment. (These images are also collected into a book.) I look forward to seeing the exhibit in person at the end of this month!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know this book. All the photos here are astonishing and jaw-dropping. I first saw this book when I was in a bookstore in Irving. Photography section there has an array of coffee table books and art magazines but this one caught my attention. Too good to be true, but all I can say is – the price is artistically right!